Only one week left to purchase tickets to this year’s Fall Fishing Festival and/or dinner. Get your tickets soon!
Come and join us for a buffet dinner and Bow River fishery update at the Deerfoot Inn and Casino from 6-10 on September 28, 2019. Tickets will be available through Monday, September 23.
This dinner will wrap up this year’s BRT hosted Fall Fishing Festival. For those unable to join in on the fishing fun you are still invited/welcome to purchase a dinner ticket. Dinner tickets are $75 per person (limited numbers available.)Evening Only at $75 includes:
- one dinner ticket
- fishery update/silent auction
Come out and share a meal while you share your favorite Bow River stories and memories with fellow anglers. You’ll also hear an update on the fishery population in the Bow river. Paul Christensen, Senior Bow River Basin Fishery Biologist, will be presenting the update.
He will touch on the following topics during his presentation:
- How a population estimate is accomplished.
- The 2018 population summary from the survey completed in September 2018.
- A short summary of the 2019 study (which happened between September 9-13.)
- Growth summary for Bow River trout – how quickly they grow; how large a certain age fish is; how large/old they are when the start to spawn; etc.
- Summary of the 2018 Creel Survey
- Summary of Bow River specific fisheries projects.
- A look at the future of the Bow River fishery.
Dinner attendees will also have the opportunity to bid on some unique items during the evening’s silent auction/fundraiser. Auction items include: Orvis Clearwater Rod, overnight suite and spa package, premium Scientific Anglers lines, 500 Mustad Signature Fly Hooks of your choice, fly selections, wine baskets, and more.
Click here for more information about the event or to book your tickets or fishing activity.