Bow River Trout Foundation is pleased to announce:
The 2019 Blue Ribbon Bow Dinner,
- When: Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Location: The Calgary Petroleum Club, 319 – 5 Avenue SW, Calgary.
- Time: Cash Bar at 5:00 PM and Dinner 6:30 PM.
The dinner’s theme:
“The State of the Bow River Fishery”
The Blue Ribbon Bow Dinner’s silent auction will allow for purchase of valuable items to support our initiatives.
All funds raised locally will be spent locally to support the Bow River fishery.
Tickets can be purchased on the Bow River Trout website for $150.00.
Tables of 6 or 8 guests can be reserved
- In 2018 Bow River Trout Foundation was successful in securing funds for the Policeman’s Flats Revitalization Project. A $40,000 redevelopment of one of the Bow River’s principal river access points. The Government of Alberta’s Bow River Access Plan will also improve fishing access downstream of Calgary. The Calgary River Access Strategy, will see new boat ramps at Ogden Bridge and Inglewood in 2019.
- Bow River Trout Foundation has also advocated for change in the Water Management Model for the Bow River Basin – the lifeline of the fishery that has seen declines in trout populations in recent years. The reestablishment of the Bow River Fish Population Surveys will give a baseline for improvements to future fishery management.
Bow River Trout Foundation is planning to raise an estimated amount of $100,000 this year on fundraising campaigns. It will cost our organization $30,000 to raise this for a net return of $70,000. The money raised will be going to our commitment to improve two river access boat ramps on the Bow River. For further information, please contact Jason Villeneuve (403-862-4682) or 20 Schubert Hill NW, Calgary AB, and we are incorporated in Alberta.