Bow River Trout Foundation is pleased to announce:
The 2020 Blue Ribbon Bow Dinner,
- When: Thursday, February 20, 2020
- Location: The Calgary Petroleum Club, 319 – 5 Avenue SW, Calgary.
- Time: Cash Bar at 5:00 PM and Dinner 6:30 PM.
The year’s Special Guests are:
Jim and Lynda McLennan
Jim and Lynda are considered royalty when it comes to the fly fishing scene in Alberta. They have been honing their skills together in Alberta since 1970, and have spent countless hours sharing their passion by teaching thousands of students how to enjoy the art of fly fishing. Accomplished Fly casters, Writers, Photographers, TV personalities and Musicians, the McLennan’s will share with us familiar stories, history, laughs, music and perhaps a few secret holes.
During the event there will be a silent auction and few items up for live auction. Funds generated from these auctions will allow us to continue supporting our Bow River Trout Foundation Initiatives.
All funds raised will be spent locally to support the Bow River.
Tickets can be purchased on the Bow River Trout Paypal site for $150.00.
Single tickets or Tables of 6 or 8 guests can be reserved below
Bow River Trout Foundation has a mandate to be “The Leading Voice for the Bow River Fishery” . The following lists our accomplishments
- In 2018 Bow River Trout Foundation was successful in securing funds for the Policeman’s Flats Revitalization Project. This project has now been completed in 2019, and our primary function now is the maintenance and upkeep of the launch. We have arranged for garbage pick up and washroom facilities to be maintained on site, in addition to hosting clean up events.
- Bow River Trout Foundation had the opportunity to meet with AEP to discuss the 2018 and 2019 Population Studies, and what implications it holds for the future of our fishery. We then invited Paul Christiansen and Craig Johnson from AEP to do a presentation on this data for our members at our Fall Fishing Festival this past September.
- Bow River Trout Foundation is now in the process of finding corporate and/or academic partners to help complete more detailed research into the decline of the Bow River Trout Population. With proper research we hope that we can help formulate a plan that will return the Bow River to its Blue Ribbon status.
Bow River Trout Foundation has an annual goal of raising $100,000. All funds raised will be going towards our efforts to ensure a sustainable Bow River for future generations. For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bow River Trout Foundation is incorporated in Alberta.